Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Living Books Forum: Not Just Literature: Weaving Living Books into High School Courses



I'm working on finalizing the speaking points for my workshop, Not Just Literature: Weaving Living Books into High School Courses. As I add notes I ponder, “I wish I had had the opportunity to attend a workshop like this 8 years ago when I started the high schooling chapter of our home education story."

I'm not trying to sound proud, just wishing I had had the chance to hear from a mom who had walked a less traditional road. I could have learned from their experience. But then again, perhaps I wouldn’t have learned the valuable lessons I can now pass along to others. 

I am thrilled to have the opportunity to walk parents through the process of finding great literature and real books which can solidify understanding in the high school years when young adults are making decisions about how they can use interests and gifts which will impact their college and career choices.

In the session we will discuss where to find real book resources for high school, interweaving reading choices into courses, keeping paperwork and grades to reflect what young adults are reading in regards to home education statute and college admissions. The workshop will interactive with question and answer opportunity.

Consider attending Living BooksForum. There's something for everyone, at any stage of the home education journey.

*The information in this blog post is not intended as legal or educational advice. It is simply a journal of what worked for us. Parents are responsible to oversee their child's home education. 



No comments:

Post a Comment