Monday, November 4, 2013

Flashlight Fun (and learning)

Flashlights light paths, investigate places unseen, illuminate learning.

Flashlights were one of my favorite "tools" growing up. My dad used it to fix things. My mom used it to find things. Modeling, I experimented, looking here and there, in nooks and crannies, places I couldn't see. Places I wondered about.

And my oh my, the findings I found. Dead bugs, pieces of leaves, screws, dust bunnies.

Then there were the broken flashlights. Bottoms missing. Bulbs unscrewed. Experimenting with how batteries were placed to make it light.

"Does this work?"

Little learners love flashlights. Flashlights illuminate learning.

Shadows to discover. Reflections to make. Things to fix.

Broken flashlights become experiments in fixing things, teaching electrical circuits.

Fixing what is broken.                                                                                  
Accomplishment.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                           "What's in there?" 
What was dark, broken, hidden, is now lit, ready to illumine and discover.


No comments:

Post a Comment